Child Custody Problem


I need to know what to do if the father of my child won’t sign another letter for her to come with me to Mexico. He signed and noterized one already so she could get a passport. He said he won’t sign another letter though. What should I do?

 Sincerely,  Erica 

Carl replies:

Erica, to the best of my knowledge your best (and perhaps only) recourse is to get a court order that will allow you to take your daughter out of the country.  This is a fairly common problem and one that affects any parent who wants to travel outside the U.S. with a child.  You don’t mention where you live but I’d be surprised if a local judge wasn’t familiar with this type of situation.